The world of IT Networks is changing. With the growth of wireless delivery to the end user and skyrocketing data usage, demand for optical networks and interfaces are growing exponentially. Advantage Optics/InterOptic is the premier Tier One, OEM equivalent networking hardware company that specializes in optical transceivers and fiber optic cabling. For over a decade our technical expertise and advanced programming capabilities allowed us to consistently deliver first-to-market OEM compatible solutions for the most rigorous optical networking environments. We have successfully fostered a company-wide environment of dedication, camaraderie, and professional progress. We’re able to do this by granting our employees the freedom to learn and attack problems in their own way, while at the same time understanding the importance of the customer. This attitude allows our sales, operations, engineering, and marketing teams to grow in whatever way they think is suited to benefit the well-being of the company and to provide unprecedented value and performance in the world of optics to our customers. We are looking for top performers to join our seasoned team—a select few individuals that can rise to this challenge and want to change the world of optical delivery.
We have a current and immediate opening is for a seasoned Sales Manager located in the Western U.S. region that has worked with, or worked for, equipment vendors or value-added resellers who know how to drive high-capacity data networking sales to Fortune 500 companies preferably in the IT networking space. We need individuals that are willing to set up to this challenge and its associated benefits.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Prospect through outbound phone, email and direct networking to generate and close new accounts within the assigned region.
• Utilize company marketing, trade shows, and lead generation activities to open and grow new business.
• Prepare detailed technical and business presentations for prospective customers.
• Respond to RFPs, prepare quotes and proposals.
• Work with Sales and Business Operations Management to negotiate business and legal terms with prospects.
• Provide detailed activity reports and verbal feedback for sales management.
• Travel to client sites and attend applicable industry trade shows, networking events, customer feedback sessions and other off site events to promote Advantage Optic/InterOptic product offerings.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 4+ years of sales experience in software or hardware IT related technology sales
• Cisco, Arista, Brocade knowledge or network platform sales
• SLED sales experience a plus
• References from customers and partners
• Proven knowledge of hardware and networking platforms preferred
• Must have prior experience in meeting sales quota/goals
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced time management and sales pipeline skills
• Exceptional work ethic indispensable
• Travel required between 20 to 30% of the work year
• Resilient, driven, challenge-oriented individuals with strong record of achievement in academics, athletics, business or service endeavors will succeed in this role.
• Provide “voice of customer” feedback to Product Management and Engineering to aid in developing product requirements and product line roadmaps.
• Work with Business Development to establish corporate and affiliate market relationships that drive sales opportunities.
• Consult with CEO and Sales VP’s on higher level, long-term sales initiatives for the benefit of the company.
If you believe that you would be an asset to our company, please join us and be a leader in the fastest growing segment of technology hardware!
Our team members have decades of experience designing and building the largest optical networks in the world. Backed by the Pritzker Group.