The world of optics is changing. With the growth of wireless delivery to the end user and skyrocketing data usage, demand for optical handoffs is growing exponentially. Advances in technology will make 10Gb to the end user a reality and ultimately moving to standardized modules on the shelves of retailers like Best Buy. Advantage Optics is leading this transformation by providing unprecedented value and performance in the world of optics. We are looking for top performers to join our seasoned team—a select few individuals that can rise to this challenge and want to change the world of optical delivery.
Current and immediate opening is for a seasoned Sales Executive located in the Northeast U.S. region that has worked with, or worked for, equipment vendors or value-added resellers who know how to drive high-capacity data networking sales to Fortune 500 companies. This is a short sales cycle, high revenue ramp product category so we need individuals that are willing to set up to this challenge and its associated benefits.
- Be the “face of the company” and represent company brand to the end customers.
- Develop strategic working relationships within customer base including influence with Engineering leadership and C-Suite/Vice President level decision makers that have overall budget responsibility.
- Understand strategy and tactics of competitors within customer base and recommend counter-measures in accounts.
- Mine existing accounts for further revenue by engaging with Network Planning, Purchasing, Engineering and Service/Product Management as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed yearly sales and product mix targets within assigned accounts.
- Provide “voice of customer” feedback to Product Management and Engineering to aid in developing product requirements and product line roadmaps.
- Work with Business Development to establish corporate and affiliate market relationships that drive sales opportunities.
- Consult with CEO on higher level, long-term sales initiatives for the benefit of the company.
Minimum career background:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business or Technology-related).
- Ten years of sales experience with one or more data equipment manufacturers including a lead role for a Fortune 500 account and/or divisional sales management responsibility.
- Optical networking platform sales a plus.
Advantage Optics (AO) has been providing brand-equivalent optical transceivers to its customers since 2005. AO’s team members have decades of experience designing and building the largest optical networks in the world. Backed by the Pritzker Group, AO believes in building win-win relationships with their suppliers and channel partners while providing their team members significant upside for success.